The History of MAC Lashes
MAC is a leading professional makeup brand authority, with unrivaled expertise in the world of makeup artistry. With the official full name of Make-Up Art Cosmetics, they were first established in Toronto, Canada by Frank Angelo and Frank Toskan in 1984. The company is now headquartered in New York City and in 1998 became a part of the Estee Lauder Company. As of today, their products are sold in more than 120 countries worldwide, and they are committed to developing new products, categories, and collections every year.
Frank Toskan was a photographer and Frank Angelo was a beauty salon owner. Motivated by their frustration at how bad makeup appeared to come across in photos, MAC cosmetics was created in the men’s kitchens to fulfill their professional makeup needs. Their decision to package products in black pots rather than compacts quickly became the company’s signature branding. The first big break for MAC came when Madonna wore one of their lipsticks for a photo shoot in the late 1980s.
With an aim to create products that are suitable for absolutely anyone and everyone, MAC has the mission statement “All races. All Sexes. All ages”, demonstrating that they embrace all consumers. Their vision is to be the leading makeup authority for both customers and professional make-up artists globally. One of the best things about MAC is their commitment to abolishing animal testing. They were one of the first beauty companies to use alternative methods to animal testing and are continuously fighting to end animal testing worldwide through their partnership with The Institute for In Vitro Sciences.
The company has taken the beauty industry by storm with their wide range of products, created with the perfect blend of street savvy and glamorous style. One of their more recent creations are the MAC lashes. If you’re wondering where you can get your hands on a pair of these, then you are going to want to read on.
“I normally use lashes that enhance the length of my lash line and for some reason the Lash 1 style seemed smaller. But these were perfect. They made my lashes fuller and weren't overbearing. I don't have deep set eyes, so lashes can sometimes take over my face, but these didn't. They were perfect and natural. I'd feel comfortable wearing them daily. These are my new go-to lashes.”
Where to Buy MAC False Eyelashes
Your best bet for purchasing a pair of these falsies is directly on the MAC website. They offer free standard delivery on all orders and have the widest range of products available on their online store. Some of these products are exclusive to the online store. You can also shop these lashes on eBay and Amazon if you would prefer to go down that route. In addition, check out Nordstrom.com, Bloomingdales.com, Belk.com, Dillards.com, and Macys.com, who are all authorized retail partners of MAC.
There is a store locator on the MAC website if you wish to go directly to a store and want to know where the closest one is located. Online shopping is more convenient – but we get it – but sometimes you just want to see the actual product before you buy it. Generally, though, if you are looking for MAC lashes for sale, then check online.
MAC Lashes Products
So now that we know everything that there is to know about MAC cosmetics and where to get a hold of some of these fake lashes, let’s look at some of the different products that they sell. Here is our overview of some the best MAC eyelashes:
MAC 1 Lash:
These natural length MAC Lashes 1 feature a full, dense, and slightly wispy look. They have been handmade to exact specifications.
- Natural length
- Each design and pattern is perfectly arranged and shaped to give a striking effect
- If cared for properly, they can be reshaped or adorned as you wish
MAC 2 Lash:
Designed to add natural length, the MAC Lashes 2 feature a wispy fringe. They are feathery and delicate, but really make your eyes pop.
- Great length and style for practically any occasion
- Look very natural and are comfortable to wear – they aren’t too heavy
- Perfect finish for a dark smokey eye – they create a dark, dramatic lash
- Last all night long
MAC 3 Lash:
Full natural-looking lashes that add length, the MAC Lashes 3 are designed to give fullness without that fake, over-exaggerated look.
- Are long lasting and offer amazing volume
- Easy to apply – the band is nice and stable
- Perfect for a sexy look and feel
- Natural, but definitely more on the dramatic side
MAC 4 Lash:
The MAC Lashes 4 are wispy lashes that feature an organic look. They are soft, natural-looking and perfect for dark eye colors since they are so black in color.
- Can work for a night out or regular daily wear
- Designed to give a 100% natural look
- Perfect when combined with day-to-day makeup application
- Enhance the features well
MAC 6 Lash:
The MAC Lashes 6 are designed to add lush length and give a wide-eyed, full, and spiky look, perfect for a bold, party outfit.
- Bold color that stands out and is sure to get you noticed in a crowd
- Perfect for a little flutter, these lengthening lashes give your lash line a boost for an everyday glam appearance
- Create outstanding intensity
- Suitable for a dramatic makeup look
MAC 7 Lash:
The ideal pair of glamorous lashes, the MAC Lashes 7 are a perfect combination of natural length and sophistication
- Enhances the eyes without looking like fake lashes
- For best results, use together with brighter makeup
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Very light and don’t irritate the eyes
MAC 8 Lash:
With a dramatic length and a dense, spiky feel, the MAC Lashes 8 are quintessential for a bold and daring look.
- This is a new lash has just been added to the collection, so MAC is still testing the waters
- Wonderful lashes for anyone looking to stand out from the crowd
MAC 12 Lash:
These full and voluminous lashes look both natural and dramatic. The MAC Lashes 12 will really make your eyes pop.
- Very dramatic looking but not too over the top
- Lushly bundled for ultimate fullness
- Can be worn for a fresh, everyday look
MAC 20 Lash:
These half lashes have been created to enhance the density along the outer edges of the eyes. Guaranteed to make your eyes stand out. The MAC Lashes 20 are ideal for everyday use.
- Perfect for those who have smaller eyes – no need to cut the lashes
- Dramatic and pretty feel
- Make natural lashes look full and 100% real
MAC 21 Lash:
The MAC Lashes 21 are full-bodied, great for building volume and adding length. If you want a natural look yet still crave the beautiful long lash effect, then this style is ideal for you.
- Light and comfortable to wear
- Look natural but not non-existent (looks like a full volume natural lash)
- Ideal for special occasions when you still want to have a natural look
- Perfect for anyone looking for a flirty lash
MAC 30 Lash:
The MAC Lash 30 is a set of individual lashes in one package that comes in three lengths for versatility and ultimate customization.
- Different styles to choose from; so many possibilities
- Ideal for a little to no makeup look
- Combination of a natural and dramatic design
- Gives you more flexibility; natural or bold and thick – these do the trick
“To be honest I always thought MAC eyelashes were too expensive, but after trying out the 35 Lash style, I fell in love. I recommend them for days when you do not want to pop eyeliner on, but take caution, these are a bit dramatic. Still, they look gorgeous. Definitely repurchasing these eyelashes.”
MAC 31 Lash:
The MAC Lashes 31 have a natural, wispy length that is perfect if you are looking for a little extra volume for everyday wear.
- Ideal for anyone with sparse lashes
- Short in length
- Perfect for a soft, natural look
- Blend easily with any eye shape
MAC 32 Lash:
The MAC Lashes 32 combine individual hairs and lash bundles to create the ultimate natural-looking volume.
- Easy to work with
- Wispy, shorter-length, and very natural looking
- Ideal for anyone who doesn’t have very thick natural lashes
- Long-lasting natural look
MAC 33 Lash:
The MAC Lashes 33 will help you create the ultimate flirty look. Embodied with natural length and separated bundles, these lashes provide a perfectly flirtatious retro-mod fringe.
- Lightweight – you can’t even feel them on your eyelids
- Give you a flirty, voluminous look while still keeping it natural
- Provide a bit of length without looking too garish
- Make lashes look sufficiently denser
MAC 34 Lash:
The MAC Lashes 34 are dramatically wispy and long and feature winged outer edges. They are of a high quality and really make the eyes stand out.
- Will make your eyes pop
- Perfect for girls with hooded eyes – think Jennifer Lawrence
- Have an intense look but are still very natural
- Long lasting, multi-wear design
MAC 35 Lash:
These lashes, the MAC eyelashes 35, have a slightly dramatic length which ensures fullness towards the center of the eyes.
- Great for creating a more rounded eye shape
- Easy to apply and long-lasting
- Leave a sultry, gorgeous effect on the eyes
- Perfect for special occasions
MAC 36 Lash:
These stunning MAC Lashes 36 add fullness and volume and are naturally angled to add drama towards the outer corners.
- Natural looking and elegant
- Delicate and fluttery
- Great length and have a slight multi-tone feel to the color
- Easy to apply because the band is very flexible
MAC 43 Lash:
The MAC Lashes 43 give an everyday flirty fringe with their natural length and wispy bundles.
- Very versatile – can be worn with heavy makeup or minimal makeup
- Great natural, eye-opening effect
- Fantastic for adding volume and subtle length
- A go-to staple in anyone’s MAC fake eyelashes collection
MAC 44 Lash:
The MAC Lashes 44 feature dramatic winged corners and separate bundles that ensure a full-eye effect.
- Soft, flexible, and surprisingly lightweight
- Great shape, length, and thickness
- Bold and dramatic lashes that still look elegant
- Ideal for an evening look
MAC 48 Lash:
The MAC Lashes 48 embody longer, wispy bundles and have an even edge for a flirtatious fringed appearance.
- High durability – lash band made of plastic, making them easy to reuse (the glue can be removed effortlessly)
- Lightweight – you can’t even tell that they’re on
- Perfect for a dramatic, sultry look
Aside from the vast variety of false lashes that MAC sells, they also stock two types of adhesive; the Duo Brush On Striplash Adhesive and Duo Adhesive. The Duo Adhesive is a safe latex formula glue, that can be used with the MAC lashes. The Duo Brush On Striplash Adhesive, on the other hand, is a dark tone, latex-free adhesive that comes with an ultra-thin brush, to help with a more precise application. If you have sensitivities to latex, opt for the Brush On Striplash Adhesive, rather than the Duo Adhesive.
The Downsides of MAC Cosmetics
In every honest review, there will be a few negative aspects to be addressed. It’s no different for MAC Cosmetics. There are a few shortcomings of MAC, which we will discuss below:
- They don’t ship internationally – only within the United States
- The company offers a massive selection of eyelashes, which might be overwhelming for some shoppers
- It’s a higher-end brand, so lashes will cost you more than the ones that you can pick up from your local drugstore
How Do We Rate MAC Lashes?
The good news is that the positives of MAC lashes far outweigh the negatives. This is a well-respected brand that has been endorsed by many celebrities and is trusted within the beauty industry and among customers alike.
Company Reputability: 99%
MAC is considered to be one of the best beauty brands on the market. From setting trends backstage at fashion weeks all around the globe, to attracting millions of fans from every corner of the planet, MAC has established itself as one of the best in the biz. This mega-brand is also at the forefront of many important causes, such as the fight to abolish animal testing and making contributions to HIV/AIDS charities since 1994.
Although more expensive than drugstore falsies, the prices of these lashes are good for a high-end brand. For around $17, you can get your hands on their fake lashes.
MAC is a high-quality brand. The MAC team is committed to producing only the best products – after all, the brand was established when the founders were frustrated by the low-quality beauty products on the market. MAC Cosmetics also offers exclusive samples at checkout when purchasing their lashes.
“The 33 lash is my favorite! I've tried multiple other brands; Mac, Huda, Sephora, and many more. These are so lightweight you can't even feel them which is a huge plus. They look beautiful. I've been searching for the right pair and I'm so glad that I’ve finally found it.”
MAC has an incredible collection of lashes available to choose from. Seriously, you might get stuck for hours trying to choose your ideal pair – and then you might just end up buying them all. Whether you’re looking for natural or dramatic, casual or glamorous, there’s something for everyone.
The durability of the MAC false lashes is outstanding. Most people that use these falsies report being able to reuse them on multiple occasions without any hassle.
The Final Verdict on MAC Lashes
MAC Lashes are an excellent choice if you’re looking for great quality, long-lasting, and beautiful fake eyelashes. MAC is a well-known and reputable brand, with high-quality guaranteed. With an overall 5 star rating, you can’t really go wrong with these lashes. They are a beauty lover’s makeup drawer staple.