If you want to switch things up for fun or are looking for something dramatic for a night on the town, individual lashes are a great way to achieve this. You can go full glam or create a look that’s light and sweet, all without too much fuss. False eyelashes have come a long way, and these days there are tons of options.
However, you may be wondering just how to remove individual lashes. Removing individual lashes doesn’t have to be hard. It’s important to remember that removing them correctly can be just as important as how you put them on.
Properly taking them off can keep the false lashes from getting ripped or damaged as well as helping to maintain the health of your own lashes. You also won’t be in lots of pain or cause needless irritation to your eyes.
In fact, if you follow a few simple steps you can learn how to take them off safely and quickly. So don’t hesitate to get that smoldering look because you may be afraid of the aftermath. Wear your lashes without fear and you will soon be able to take off your lashes like a pro.
What You’ll Need:
- Cotton balls or pad
- An oil, such as rose oil, olive oil, or coconut oil
- An oil-based make-up remover
- Mirror & lighting
- Clean, dry towels
- Make-up remover
- Facial cleanser
- Bowl or pan
- Hot, steaming water
How to Remove Fake Individual Lashes
To safely and effectively remove lashes, a stress-free experience should include an oil. This will be needed to dissolve the glue that holds the extensions to your lashes. Olive oil or coconut oil are both great for softening the oil and lubricating the skin. Many of these oils can also soothe and nourish the skin and help you to avoid irritation. Knowing how to remove fake individual lashes is necessary for long-term care. Begin removing the individual lashes with the following directions:
How to Remove the Lash Extensions
- First, learning how to remove individual fake lashes requires the use of a make-up remover. This will help to wash away traces of eyeshadow, eyeliner, and any other kinds of eye make-up. Next, use a gentle facial cleanser to clean the rest of the make-up from your face. This is important in removing individual eyelashes effectively. Make sure you’re in a room with lots of light and you have access to a mirror. It’s important to see be able to see exactly where the lashes are positioned and what you’re doing.
- Next, to loosen the lashes, fill a large bowl or pan with steaming hot water. Place your face directly in the line of the steam and cover your head with a towel. Hold your head there for about ten to fifteen minutes. The steam will help to soften the glue and the lashes will loosen.
- Soak a cotton ball or pad into the oil. Then, gently brush it along your lash line. The oils will further loosen the lashes as well as soothe and moisturize the delicate skin around your lashes and your eye. Repeat this step as necessary.
- Once you have adequately loosened the extensions, gently remove individual lashes with a pair of tweezers.
- Rinse your face with water and facial cleanser to remove any oil. Pat your face dry with a clean, dry towel. Afterward, apply a moisturizer to soothe your skin.
- Clean your lashes with a cotton ball or pad that has been soaked in make-up remover. Swipe in a downward motion. Don’t go from side to side as this may damage the lashes. This will remove dirt and make-up. Then, lightly go over the lashes with a solution of facial cleanser and warm water. Thoroughly dry gently (use a soft patting motion) with a clean towel.
- Cleaning your lashes will also not only preserve them but will kill off any bacteria. Having false lashes should be easy and fun, and the last thing you’d want is to promote the growth of microbes and create an environment for future infections.
Don’t give in to the impulse to pluck the false lashes off after a night out. Twisting or pulling the lashes may not only damage the false lashes, but it could damage your own natural lashes. This method will keep your false lashes for a long time to come, and it will ensure that the lashes can continue to give you the looks you desire.
Secure your false lashes in a safe, cool dry place. To save yourself a little time and money, avoid exposing your false lashes to heat and moisture. Doing so will destroy the integrity of the lashes and you’ll have to replace them sooner rather than later.
False lashes can be a great way to add length and volume to your own lashes. It can give you sultry eyes and can be fun for any occasion. With proper care and maintenance, you can wear false eyelashes again and again. Learning the best way to remove individual eyelashes is a simple process and you won’t have to damage your own lashes and you’ll save money in the long run.
In addition to learning the best methods of removing your lashes, be sure to take care of your own lashes by nourishing them with a good moisturizer and cleaning routine, getting lots of sleep and drinking enough water. Getting the good kinds of vitamins and minerals in your diet is also a good way of ensuring your own lashes will look great.
Wearing lashes can be simple and often adds something new to your routine. Taking them off can be just as easy. Removing your fake lashes shouldn’t be painful or cause any irritation. By following and observing a few steps, you can be sure that you’ll have lots of beauty options in the future.